Saturday, November 26, 2011

Hugo













It is 100% safe to say that I am completely taken with this magical film! Everything about it took my breath away and stole my heart! First of... (click the following names to view their IMDB pages)... Ben Kingsley, Jude Law, Emily Mortimer, and Christopher Lee in the same movie?!? Perfection! The colors were breathtaking, so rich and beautiful! I mean, look at the posters above! The costumes, hair and makeup were perfectly and wonderfully exquisite! Give me 20's and 30's era clothing and I am a happy girl forever! And I am very much trying to suppress the urge to cut an oh-so-cute 20's bob at the moment, thank you very much.  The cinematography, the sets, oh so glorious! And don't get me started on the story! It was gorgeous and worthy of a tear or two! So yes! One and all! I loved Hugo! I have yet to read the book that the movie was taken from, but I am going to change that at the soonest possible moment; be sure of that. If you are a lover of the cinema and all its history, if you love adventure and are a lover of books, if you love gears, clocks, automatons and machines, or if you simply enjoy being told a sweet story, I highly recommend this film! There is so much more I could say, but I will let you create your own opinions now.



If you would like to learn more about Hugo, you can check out the official movie site here

Till next time,

~Amara~

No comments: