Monday, October 24, 2011

The Honey Trees

Welcome one and all, and prepare for an overflow of lush photos and lovely music. Today's musical artistry is my last of the local bands. I have no doubts that some of you have come across this duo in your internet browsing. Their music and photos have quite the growing fan base. Meet... The Honey Trees.













This gorgeous duo is made up of musicians, Becky Filip and Jacob Wick. They play many local shows and I have seen them a time or two. Their music is incredibly soothing, and their photos are simply magical. 







Gahhh! Can they be any more adorable! 
Well, you can find them on all of the usual places, itunes, myspace, facebook, etc. Also, Becky is an incredible artist, and one of my personal artistic inspirations. She has designed album art for a few bands including her own.


You can also find prints of her art for sale on her etsy shop. I am hoping to add her prints to my wall some day soon. So, there really is nothing more to say. I will leave you with a last video. 



A bit of local trivia: This video was filmed in the home of my friend Ben, of the Sassafras Union (from last post). Well my dear friends, I hope you enjoyed my favorite artists from my area. I am sure there are others that will find there way here eventually, but that is it for now(locally, that is). And, as always, I would love to hear about what you are listening to! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you for the introduction! :o) These guys are very cool!